Tuition & Fees: $600.00
Coronal Polishing Course
2 Days, Lecture & Clinical Course
This course is offered as a 2-day training course for anyone in dentistry that wants to monitor anesthesia sedation in the State of Illinois where sedation or general anesthesia is administered.
This course meets the requirements of the Illinois Dental Practice Act and the Rules Administering the Dental Practice Act. This course includes both lecture and clinical training. A certificate of completion will be issued upon successful course completion.
COURSE PREREQUISITES & Objectives
- Valid CPR
- Valid government issued ID
- Proof of minimally 1,000 clinical hours in a dental office / hospital setting or graduated from a CODA accredited school
- Discussion on how anatomy and physiology are involved with monitoring and airway maintenance in the sedated dental patient.
- Understand the required skills for monitoring the sedated patient, including monitoring vital signs
- Discussion on the basics of the physiology of the respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological systems and their connection to anesthesia and sedation.
- Discussion of proper review of medical history and how to properly link this information to the ASA classification.
- Discuss basic protocols for emergencies that may.
- Review protocols for entering detailed notes for the procedure and monitoring.
- Review different levels of levels of sedation/anesthesia and be able to recognize what level the patient is at under dental sedation.
- Review of automated monitoring devices including the EKG and pulse-oximeter.
- Course includes light refreshments and 1 hour lunch break